Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day

The old man on the curb remembered my name and beckoned me to chat. I said I would stop the next time because I was in a hurry. 
The guy at the lunch buffet counter hurried to get me a fork because I asked for one. He wiped a fork and a spoon meticulously and handed me both, while I asked him for a cold drink. He rushed off to get it, while I lay down the spoon. 
The man in the scooter next to my auto, in the off white shirt and pants, green helmet, did not glance at me while I felt uncomfortable to smoke at the traffic signal. I was relieved.
Today was one of the very few times I controlled my anger well and did not break anything.
I forgot to give my boss the packet of tea I got for her. She left office sometime back with her mother and brother(?) while I am still here with the others.
A friend sent me a sad smiley a while back which I ignored because of my ugly mood and pretentious work.
Music I don't want to hear plays abundantly.
Iranians, both male and female, dress sluttily. Observed at the lunch buffet. But I am generalizing.
Worry, anger, laziness tempted me equally as I tried to finish what was on my plate. Then I got up and ran because worry won. Or curiosity. 
I like the smile of the person sitting opposite me. Very wide and sweet. Changes the contours of his face completely.
I wonder what the Feng Shui lady will have to say about me the next time she comes by here. Will she discover the secrets of my birth, fate and energy? I am doubtful. 
A friend feels guilty about a howling dog in her room while she is away. The dog must go. I am relieved and disappointed.
I flit between shallow and intense today. I drive away people and I try to keep some. 
"...somebody said they saw me swinging the world by the tail, bouncing over a white cloud, killing the blues."
Tea is a magic hot liquid. I'm sitting here contemplating the evening. To carry out my original plans or try something new. I see people there and I want to turn away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment