Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thought of who

"I watch the stars from my window sill... the whole world is moving and i'm standing still.."

It's about me me me ME Me me ME ME me me me me ME ME ME ME ME ME! Did I say me? 

Sorry. I am sorry your life didn't turn out the way you wanted to. I'm sorry that you cry. I'm sorry that you make up stories, aches and pains to call me. Or her. Or them. I'm sorry that you are not strong like you used to be. You can't lift me up on one hand anymore. The seat of my world, no more. When you lie, I can see right through that wall around your head, a prison of your own making. You don't want to get up from bed, there's nothing to do today, no one to talk to, so you turn to one friend who has been therewith you through out, and it's no matter that he took you away from me. Her. Them.

I like that person. I understand why he means so much to you. He means a lot to me too. He makes tou talk at least, makes me talk at least, though no one really bothers to hear us out when we do. We don't even listen to each other so what do they matter. I know I am like you.

We let them go. We like to mess things up. We like to test ourselves. We screw up to a point of no return and then we cry. You and me.

What is it with this song? I'll tell you about it if you care to hear me out this once. I know you won't, that's why i'm writing here instead of actually calling you. This song pulled a tight heart string in me. For a long time, I thought it meant me, as I always do, make everything about me. And all of a sudden, I was wrong. This song means you. I know this is true because That Vein started hurting, The Genuine One. It did, and still does. 

I wish I could do anything to help you, but I won't and you won't let me. Both of us have past a willingness to make better. Both of us are worthless now. We want no one and don't want the ones we have. We avoid. We distance. We hurt. We don't care. We trouble. We sleep. We waste. This song is for you, as I know you to be. I may not be able to make you listen to it but know that I realize this song is not about me. It was always about you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment