Friday, February 24, 2012

Novel practices

Footwear in my dreams,  seeds and stems on my couch, news on TV but what's on my boyish mind? I scratch my head a few times and take deep breaths. Slow down, heart. Death by cardiac arrest, age 23? I should think not.

Thought after thought unravels the day that was. Last night I got back from work and took a small walk through town to pick up a few things I had been putting off. The sea breeze laden air is heavy as I walk through the placid moisture of the air and pass sparse familiar faces. The town shuts down lazily early. I quicken my pace as I pass people and slow down on an empty stretches of  large pattered footpath. Reaching home, it was  a most definitive time to unwind all right. Yes, like those wind-up dolls. Yes, dolls. I figure this is the evening to get done with pending conversations with people. So I get them done with.

Showtime.

Inhale at contraction. 

Look at myself.

Bodies are puppet bags given to the mind.
Must intervene with subconscious habit formation to speed up brain activity. In fact, must eff with it!
You effing idiot. Love? Try PMS. And you're just fat

No. I concentrate. The Serpent soon rises. Meanders above my eyes as we sway. Scares me. But then,

There's really nothing to lose.

Detach. Focus and breathe. Blessed by the presence of my personal choice of elemental magnetism, the sea, nothing can go wrong. Nothing ever did. I start because it's time. I start because it fits. Optimum alignment, did I say?

Exhale at expansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment